Here’s what I was able to accomplish as a writer in 2017:
- January Staged reading of “The Last Bastion” @ Penang Performing Arts Centre
- Started a historical musical on a unique person in US history with a musician colleague of mine. This is a long-term project.
- Finished editing and production aspects of the first book in my new trilogy: A Man Too Old for a Place Too Far – published it in December
- Finished the draft of book two of my new trilogy: The African Connection
- Rewrote 6 sketches into a one act play called “The Folly of Progress.” Produced it as part of my show in May.
- Wrote my third Christmas show, this one entitled “Tales of Christmas.” It was produced and performed by The RLT Players in December.
- My play “Safe Spaces” was performed at the Gallery Players’ Black Box Festival in Brooklyn in June.
- I was awarded the Greywood Arts Winter Writing Residency for 2018 for my play “The Last Bastion.”
- I wrote an anti-bullying play entitled “Project B” for my new school.
I wrote my first baseball short story, “The Hundred Pitch At Bat” – more to come with this.
And 2018 writing goals …
- Publish book two of my trilogy.
- Write book three THE FORGOTTEN CHILD of my new trilogy.
- Finish a play I started several years ago “EMBRACE”
- Finish a play I started about Nat Turner.
- Write a new show called “Crazy as Love” for my new drama group The Sun & Sand Players.
- Write the book to my long-term musical.
- Write more baseball stories which will eventually be an anthology of stories about a fictitious independent minor league baseball team.
This should get me started. I plan to do a lot of this during my winter writing residency in Ireland.
Happy New Year everyone. What are your writing goals?