A Cover for My New Play

I’m very close to publishing my new play, “The Secrets of the Magic Pool.” As I’m whittling down the script, whipping it into shape for my script workshop this weekend, I realized I needed to start putting together a cover for the play. mm

Play covers tend to be simple, and I didn’t want to go all out with this one, so I decided to go ahead and design it myself. I first thought of a blank cover. I’ve seen plenty of plays which have standard boring covers. But I wanted to have some sort of image on the cover. As I was walking to my classroom today, I saw this tree, which I pass daily, and I decided to take a photo of it with my phone.

2015-10-12 14.28.28

Then I plopped it in photoshop and it came out as this.

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000030_00034]

 

 

Not bad. Simple, just the way I like it.  I played around with it some more and I put a design underneath which actually looks better when seeing the full front and back layout.

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000030_00034]

But I got a cover, I have a script, and it will soon be workshop tested. Based on what comes out of that, I’ll be publishing my first, full-length play in about 4 years.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s