One of my tasks for my residency at Greywood Arts in Ireland was to complete my new show entitled “Crazy Love.” The world premiere of this show will be performed by my drama group The Sun & Sand Players in December 2018 in Jeddah.
In addition to the two full-length plays I completed this week, I’m thrilled to see “Crazy Love” come together. It’s a collection of 8 dramatic sketches and one mini-musical all themed around crazy love. The show will consist of 7 brand new pieces plus two of my award-winning sketches from other years which fit perfectly in this collection.
Yesterday, I wrote the entire script called “Bridge Watchers” which completed the show. I also finished the script “Young Love” and did some final editing on some of the other scripts as well.
Here’s the way the show is looking:
- A Pinch of Fate, A Shot of Destiny – Best Script Award Winner – the death angel comes for Rebecca but wasn’t expecting fate to get in the way
- The Talk – New – snippets of parents talking to their kids for the first time about the birds and bees
- Bridge Watchers – New – seven bystanders watch a tragedy unfold from on top of a bridge. Who will get involved?
- Fruit Punch – New – Banana tries to setup Olive on a date with an actual Date. (yeah, it’s crazy)
- Shame on the Moon – New – a reworking of Romeo and Juliet, every time Romero and Julia look at the moon, they fall in love
- Young Love – New – snippets of love from the perspective of kids
- No in Spite of Itself – Best Script Award Winner – a young man stands on a cliff having a conversation to himself, lamenting the fact that the girl he loves doesn’t love him
- Love is Not a Straight Arrow – New – a fictionalized version of a true story about my grandmother in 1924, when she came to Pennsylvania to marry Otto Sasse
- Crazy Love: The Musical – New – a mini-musical about a family falling apart, and a child who thinks she is to blame
I think it will be a great show! Because love is always funny and dramatic. Who can resist it?